Monday 2 May 2011










Another few snapshots from Kerala 2009. This was around the same time as visiting an Ayurvedic retreat and frictions between me and my temporary travel partner. I walked into the nearest village, getting away from the expensive restaurants and vendors and found myself in a wee residential area. Sprayed on the ground were many hammer and sickle symbols; Kerala is the only communist state of India. These friendly boys were interested to talk to me and contrary to my usual correspondence with the young men of India without chaperone, they were exceptionally polite and and had an honest curiosity. Excellent English. They also tried to trick me into believing the house I was then photographing was haunted; it was kind of creepy. I emailed them the photographs but never heard back. Not great photos but I like their cheeky faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment